Art Submission Guidelines
Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to working with you!
We do not have set up charges or minimum order quantities for many of our products, and industry standard charges for set up, along with minimums, when applicable.
While we don't have set up fees, we do charge an art fee to fix or convert bad artwork or improperly submitted artwork to the correct file type and size to ensure the best possible end product. Please note: improperly submitted and non-usable artwork will delay the start of production and push the shipping/delivery/pick up date back.
Also, bulk orders (non P.O.D. online orders) orders will not start production until we have artwork in the correct format, an approved proof is received and payment has been received or arrangements have been made.
The quality of the finished imprint or embellishment (decoration) on 2 things:
- the quality of the original image/artwork supplied,
- the item being decorated - item material, garment type, fabric type, weave, etc.
For all printing processes, your artwork should be submitted in one of the file formats below, at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi, with all fonts converted to curves (paths or outlines), embedded in your artwork file or attached as a separate file, with a transparent background.
- PDF – print ready (Preferred format)
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai)
- Adobe Photoshop (.psd)
- CorelDraw (.cdr)
Production Ready Artwork
If you have artwork that is print ready, it should be submitted as a high resolution file (minimum of 300 dpi) at the finished imprint size, again, with all fonts converted to curves (paths or outlines) and have a transparent background.
Acceptable file formats:
If raster elements are part of the artwork:
- They should be embedded
- They should be provided at actual imprint size
- The original source document should be 300 dpi or higher at the original size
The image size should be at least 100% of the intended print size; please include finished print size.
The image resolution must be 250 – 300 dpi (preferred) or higher, saved in the RGB color profile (preferred) or CMYK. Please note: Smaller size and lower resolution may result in a substandard, blurry or pixilated final image.
Please email artwork to: HereToStayNC@gmail.com
- DST (.dst)
- Please include the thread color pathways and sewing order
If your artwork needs to be digitized, please submit original artwork per the above guidelines.
Additional embroidery information:
- Sew area must have the capability to be hooped.
- Some artwork/logos may need editing depending on line thickness and/or font size.
- Text smaller than 3/16th of an inch tall, or line width less than 1/16th of an inch tall, cannot be sewn.
Artwork Services Pricing
- Design Services: $35/hr
- Vector file conversion: $25
- $35 for up to 10,000 (typical/standard left chest logo averages about 6,000)
- $40 from 10,001 thru 18,000 stitches
- $55 18,000 thru 50,000
- 50,001+ stitches - QUR